Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rapture

I can’t escape your eyes.
If there is one thing that will hold me as your hostage, it would be your eyes.
They see me as I am and do not judge me.
Their intensity forces this infatuation to continue on.
I pray to be released from this tormentuous rapture.

If nothing else, keep me as a confidante.
Do not flirt with my heart,
For it is weak and succumbs easily to your flattery.
Please give me a reason to see you as something else
Other than a tall, dark, handsome prince
Who has the ability to charm his way into my heart.

Foolish heart!
My heart belongs to someone else
And will for all eternity.
But you have cast a spell over it
And my heart knows not what to feel.

Keep your flattery to yourself…..
I beg you!
I swoon over every word which leaves your lips.
My heart begs to be close to you.
My brain tells it No.

Release me!
My feelings are one sided……. this I know.
Please help me to escape my own thoughts.
They torment me in the daylight hours and again in my dreams.
This must stop.

I hover on the brink of tears
As my heart becomes more confused and frustrated.
I wish I could share my thoughts with you,
But I know that you must never know my true feelings.

I walk through the day with my head in the clouds
Trying to make my way back to the ground.
One day this rapture will dissolve,
But for now, I must endure the pain of being torn between two men.

No comments:

Post a Comment