Friday, October 12, 2012

My Betraying Heart


Again, you appear to me in my dreams
as the you I know in my waking hours.

All the neutral, boundary laden banter;
the blunt and snarky remarks;
the mutual respect and admiration.

Once again, you convey a longing
through your eyes.
A silent question asked of my heart.

I acknowledge and turn away,
unanswering your gaze.
Unmistakable tension growing between us.

A real love born of friendship
with a potential for so much more.


7:42am....Get up!
Kids need to get to school.
"Bye honey, have a nice day at work."

My heart cries out for the dream
while my body begins to move into reality,
both at war with each other.

Oh, my betraying heart,
whispering truths as I sleep,
only to have me wake confused.



1 comment:

  1. You yearn for so much. I have so often felt such longing and pain upon waking in the morning, too. You have conveyed your dream so well here. Maybe someday...?

    ReplyDelete