Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Love Is Looming


I am fighting frantically
to keep my head on straight.
My mind is plagued by every nice thing
you do or say to me.

Wishing it to be a figment of my imagination
that your kindness towards me is sincere.
Hoping that a stealthy agenda lay hidden
just beyond my intuition.

Please drop the proverbial ball
and allow me to see a flaw
that will forever damn you from my mind,
freeing my heart of this impending love for you.

My curiosities are taking over
and I long to know what lies just beyond the walls that surround your heart.
Is there the promise of your love waiting unclaimed?
Would you dare to show it to me?

I dare you to tempt me and to steal one forbidden kiss.
Reveal to me the secret desires you hold close to your heart.
Let me know the man that longs for me
instead of the one who tries to protect and respect me.

You are too sweet,
and I too wanting
of the things I can not have.
This affection for you is bittersweet torture.

I am vexed by this love that can not be,
and now mourn a life I surrendered much too quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment