Monday, June 14, 2010

Beneath The Surface

You show interest.
A desire to glimpse
An intimacy
We might share;

Only to retreat
To the safety
Of your morals,
Reluctantly drawing
A line in the sand.

A tender wanting
Palpable just beneath
The surface.

If not for your
Smile and gentle way,
I would resist you.
I find myself
Surrendering again and again
To the very things
That draw me in.

Memories of your
Strong embrace;
Feeling your body
Flush with mine;
A terrible longing
Ripe with hesitation.

Gripped with fear
And hoping,
I dare not look
Into your eyes;
That we might
Both surrender to the same
Sweet wanting.


3 comments:

  1. sweet wanting..i love that expression! lovely read..so intense,nice to be around..:)nice blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forbidden love i know it oh so well and you have a lovely blog glad i stopped by :)

    Wild Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temptress, I cannot read any more of yours this night--for you have seen deep into my heart, into my very soul. How do you DO this? I am serious....

    Usually my comments run a bit less intense, maybe even with slight (cover-up-type) humor. You must be talented at carpentry also, for you are adept at hitting the nail on its head--and MY head--grin!

    ReplyDelete